F16v4 show stopping

Jonesy928

New elf
Randomly my show will freeze/stop. When I open up the falcon controller I keep getting an error “Unexpected error reading FSEQ file.” Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? It happens randomly a couple of times a night. I have replaced the SD card today but still happening.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
@Jonesy928 -- I was supposed to get some logs for @keithsw1111 a few weeks ago - then I got sick and then too caught up in my show. This has happened for a few of us - and I don't understand why. If you have a PI to run FPP or Xschedule on a laptop - the F16 handles it great. But it does seem to have an issue with SD card playback.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
The only one I have see logs for was showing sd card errors. Have you tried replacing sd card and are you not using an sd card extender.
Does it always stop in the same place. Maybe there really is an issue with the fseq.
I won’t be back for another week but you could send it to me and I could take a look at the file. Would need the audio as well.
You could send me the logs and even up the logs to detailed debug. This logs excessively but gives more detail as to what it was doing when it hit the issue.

BluePat

New elf
I had the same issue when testing my setup couple weeks ago. Tried various different things including several cards and would always fault at some random time/place, would require a reboot to get anything working again. I have since moved to a Raspberry pi with FPP and all is working well, fpp on the pi has many features not included in the falcon player, things such as volume control and much better user interface.
There were a couple of things that I did want to try to get the falcon onboard player working but never had time; the onboard falcon player has a very basic file management system you might want to try only using short file names with only basic characters and no spaces, just note if you change the song file name you will have to link it manually to the sequence but that is no big deal.

Hope you get it sorted let us all know how you get on.

Jonesy928

New elf
thanks guys, I might try and sort out fpp on a pi. I enabled logs on the player and the problem now happens no where near as often. I have run the last two nights without a stop at all.