F48 Mega Tree setup

spazmanaught

Apprentice elf
Hi Everyone,

I picked up a F48 with 4 smart receivers and was looking to use it just for my Mega Tree and Star. I plan to have 15 x 100 pixels and the star is 90 pixels. This will be the 16 ports on the 4 receivers.

I've built the Mega Tree and Star in xLights (hopefully correct) but I'm not sure if the controller is correct as it won't show me the visualiser or let me upload to the controller. I have 2 x F16V3 and 3 x Advatek controllers and they are all fine. Just looking for some help on what I've missed?

Cheers
James

Attachments

• F48 1.jpg
    F48 1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 12
  • F48 2.jpg
    F48 2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 11
  • F48 3.jpg
    F48 3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 11

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
You need to pick the model on the first screenshot. You've only selected the manufacturer (falcon) which is why Visualiser isnt working.

spazmanaught

Apprentice elf
You need to pick the model on the first screenshot. You've only selected the manufacturer (falcon) which is why Visualiser isnt working.
Wow thank you!!!!

I don't recall ever picking the others but seriously missed it xD

Looks good now!!!

Attachments

• F48 4.jpg
    F48 4.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3

spazmanaught

Apprentice elf
Just off topic and slightly related for anyone who may know?

If I want to expand the Mega Tree in the future but keeping the Star at 90 pixels, what's the maximum numbers of pixels can I run on the 15 strings for the controller? Power isn't an issue. Just looking for the max the controller can handle with the setup mentioned?

Thanks again!!

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
With the sliders all the way to the right on the string output page of the f48 and only using the top 4x differential outputs you can get North of 750x pixels on each string.
Wouldn't really advise to do this though as all connections along the strings need to be near perfect condition.
You can see the last pixels in the string are noticeably lagging behind the first pixels in lighting up as the data goes through all the other LEDs

spazmanaught

Apprentice elf
With the sliders all the way to the right on the string output page of the f48 and only using the top 4x differential outputs you can get North of 750x pixels on each string.
Wouldn't really advise to do this though as all connections along the strings need to be near perfect condition.
You can see the last pixels in the string are noticeably lagging behind the first pixels in lighting up as the data goes through all the other LEDs
Yeah OK that makes sense. I'd only be looking up to 300 per string so well under those numbers.

Cheers