Fairy lights in Xlights?

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
Hi All,

Just wondering if there is an easy way to have the big W 3 wire led strings do similar to their normal flashy thing through Xlights without having to manually set durations etc?

Mainly so when in between shows the lights can twinkle but still be controlled during shows.

Many thanks.

Junior

Full time elf
This will be in interesting. I was planning to loop mine for 2 to 3 hours lol. Thats what my missus reckons. But wouldn't mind having some animations only in between.

First time I'll use the scheuler tomorrow. Hope mine works.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I've been struggling to find suitable effects to do it in xlights, so ended up creating patterns the hard way and doing lots of copy & paste.

The effects that I though would do the job seem to only work correctly for RGB lights. Maybe I just don't understand how xlights works yet.

Junior

Full time elf
You got a vid of your sequences. As I only started 3 weeks ago. And been sequencing since last Sunday. Be interesting

Junior

Full time elf
Man there is only so much we can do with strings hey. So trying my best to kick ass on the difficulty of a sequence. The effects on the AC toolbar is having some good reactions atm. But yeah can't do what you can get from these big boys.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The red YouTube symbol to the left of my posts.

It shows up there for anyone who has the YouTube link set in their profile.

Junior

Full time elf
Oh sorry David. I thought you were the initial poster and had only fairy lights like me lol. Wondering what people do to make it interesting with just big w lights.

Junior

Full time elf
Maybe cos I'm on phone I can't see your videos. Love to see ideas around to make our strings interesting.