Falcon Components - I have a few questions

Chad

New elf
It's been a while since I've been on the forums. I've still been running shows each year, but I haven't made any changes.
This year I will make some tweaks.

As part of this, I wanted to get some more Falcon controller parts, but, as I expected there have been numerous improvements over the years.
I was on the bulk buy many years ago for the original F48 and Smart Receivers (which are all still working fine), so I wanted to ask some questions about the new hardware.

Receivers
  • The SRx1 v4.00 is the direct replacement for my current v1 Smart Receivers?
  • The SRx1-PSU is the same as the v4.00, but connects directly to the PSU?
  • The NRx1-PSU is not smart (can't be daisy chained), but, it does have the added benefit of 4 power injection ports?
Controller
  • The F48V4 I believe is the direct replacement to my F48 v1?
  • The F48V4-NS the only difference is that it has one less ethernet port, so no daisy chaining?
I appreciate these might be stupidly easy questions to answer, but I remember as a noob back then when I bought the hardware that it confused me to no end.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back into it again. Thank you in advance to anyone who can confirm the above.

darylc

404 darylc not found
It's been a while since I've been on the forums. I've still been running shows each year, but I haven't made any changes.
This year I will make some tweaks.

As part of this, I wanted to get some more Falcon controller parts, but, as I expected there have been numerous improvements over the years.
I was on the bulk buy many years ago for the original F48 and Smart Receivers (which are all still working fine), so I wanted to ask some questions about the new hardware.

Receivers
  • The SRx1 v4.00 is the direct replacement for my current v1 Smart Receivers?
  • The SRx1-PSU is the same as the v4.00, but connects directly to the PSU?
  • The NRx1-PSU is not smart (can't be daisy chained), but, it does have the added benefit of 4 power injection ports?
Controller
  • The F48V4 I believe is the direct replacement to my F48 v1?
  • The F48V4-NS the only difference is that it has one less ethernet port, so no daisy chaining?
I appreciate these might be stupidly easy questions to answer, but I remember as a noob back then when I bought the hardware that it confused me to no end.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting back into it again. Thank you in advance to anyone who can confirm the above.
Yes, you look to have a good handle on this.

The F16v5 is slated for shipping in October I hear, the F48v5 is later than that but no specific date I've heard.

Chad

New elf
Thanks for the reply, and component confirmations.

The F48 I only need as a backup board at this stage, so unless mine breaks it's not urgent. But I will keep the post-Oct date in mind.
It's more the receivers I need now so I can do a small show expansion.