Answered Falcon controller upload problem

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Need help, had xlights setup, layout page set up, did check sequence no errors no warnings, 35 universes, 14 ports on Falcon controller allocated, all good.
Did upload to falcon, first section all good, went to upload outputs received error message "Gap in Models port 2 channel 2604-2713. Went ahead with upload, string output page showed all universes except first one ie 100 in red and invalid.
Rechecked universes, channels port allocation, tried again same result. In the end I deleted the two models from the layout, so nothing is allocated to ports 2 and 3, and redid upload, string output still showed that the deleted models were still allocated. yes did a refresh. Got me beat. If the model does not exist in the layout how can it still appear on the falcon string output page.

Burto51

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Update, well tried something new, created a new "show Folder", uploaded a house image and one model of 7 arches, each with 114 nodes.
Created in setup 5 universes of 510 channels, starting at 100.
Arch 1 started at universe 100.1; arch 2 started at end of model "arch 1" and so on as they are daisy chained together. Each element was assigned to port 1 of the controller. Check sequence no errors, no warnings. Layout and setup saved. All good.
Uploaded to Falcon controller, string port screen showed not only the Arch model just created, but the other models from previous "show folder".
Question why does the controller show models from a previous show folder that was not even selected ?. How do you/can you "delete all" from the Falcon page ? so as to start with a blank canvas.

Regards
Burto51

paullyxmas76

Full time elf
I find when I upload to controller "Falcon F16V3" from xlights. I go into my falcon controller web page first and highlight ALL models and assigned channel numbers and universe information and click on the delete key on your keyboard. Do this LINE BY LINE This will delete ALL the models and assigned channel numbers from all ports. Do this on every port with assigned existing models and config info. I hit save button in the controller interface, and this saves the configuration of the falcon. You will see most of everything will be red. Don't worry. Then go back into xlights layout and re upload all your controller configurations from xlights to the falcon controller. As long as check sequence checks out all good with minimal or no errors, your upload to the controller should work. Refresh your falcon controller page once the upload is complete from xlights and you should see all your models and assigned channel numbers/universes all where they should be. I always find I need to do this to get a clean config uploaded to my falcon.... Hope this helps.

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks for the help, will try that. Much appreciated
Burto51

burto51

Full time elf
Generous elf
Thanks paullyxmas76, printed out your instructions, they worked a treat, all showed up as valid. Once again thanks for your time and assistance.
Burt51