Falcon F16v2 E1.31 pixel controller interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

darylc

404 darylc not found
This Thread is to gain numbers interested in purchasing the new Falcon F16v2 Controller.

David Pitts at Falcon Christmas has designed an amazing E1.31 controller called the F16v2. It does up to 680 pixels per output and has 16 outputs and 4 DMX outputs.

It can also be expanded to 32 outputs supporting 340 pixels per output. He has more details here:
http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,2462.msg11477

There is a comparison between the various controllers that has been put together by the xlights author:
http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/rgb_controllers/

I will have a beta version of the board at the Sydney & Adelaide minis to demonstrate!

I am planning to work with Dave and import some of these boards direct from his manufacturer and distribute them locally as a once off as part of the original Falcon Christmas Bulk Buy/Interest Thread. These boards are expected to arrive in July.

Estimated Australian Pricing: Note in US Dollars
F16v2/w E131 input
US$170.00 + shipping from Adelaide

F16v2 16 port expansion board & 30cm ribbon cable.
US$50.00 + shipping from Adelaide

Please reply to this thread with numbers.

Daryl

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Re: Falcon F16v2 E1.31 pixel controller

have interest on one of each but will confirm closer to the date
thanks Lizard

Habbosrus

Back again

1 main board for me. This will drive my matrix which is doubling in size this year. I've just had a re-think on how I'll drive my new pixel arches and this new board will do them too. I have a bunch of pixels to use thanks to Michael (Christmas at the Myrtle) and a bunch of BigW strings thanks to Dan (Silvo) to be driven via my 2811DC15's from Alan. Funds are extremely tight this year (when aren't they?) but I think these boards will stretch things a long way for me :D

B_P_J

Full time elf

Can never have too many boards, ;) I will have a good look at it at the mini and confirm after then but pencil me in as a maybe,

i13

Dedicated elf

I'll say yes at this stage but I do want to know more about it. Interested in one F16v2/w E131 input. Undecided on the expansion board.

I will want to see the board you have and ask questions at the Adelaide mini (may not make it on Saturday but Sunday should work). Am I correct that it works just like any other E1.31 pixel controller but with a LOT of pixels and universes? I haven't heard of it before. Those of us like me who do not have an account on Falcon Christmas can't view the link you've posted.

Thank you very much. The idea of buying one pixel controller which supports that many pixels and never having to worry about buying another pixel controller greatly appeals to me. :D

Sorry for the relatively long post, you're welcome to PM me if you think I'm missing anything so this interest thread doesn't get cluttered.

smeighan

Dedicated elf

I used the Falcon16 v1 board in 2013 and 2014. About 10 months ago Dave redesigned this board to use a FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array). This gave a tremendous amount of processing power. This is why you can have a different string type on every string, why the board can output 680 pixels at 40hz.
BTW, Dave's day job is designing time standard boards (think nanosecond time sources) using FPGA. So he has experience in both hardware and software. It was a natural fit.

He is adding a OLED graphix display to the board. This is a 128x64 matrix display. He plans on putting icons, diagnostics, status text .etc. on that display. I think it will be cool.

Here is a link to the 0.96 OLED display he plans on using, or something similar.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yellow-Blue-0-96-IIC-I2C-Serial-LCD-Display-Module-F-Arduino-STM32-128x64-OLED-/291341369509

i updated his pictures of the board on the rgb controllers comparison web link
http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/rgb_controllers/

scamper

Dedicated elf

perfect timing, I was looking at the Falcon page at the weekend and saw that it still was not available. I was going to contact them in the next week or so to find out when it was going to become available.
put me down to for 1

Status
Not open for further replies.