Falcon not talking to FPP after following detailed directions

Tandems8

New elf
So I have a Raspberry PI 4 and a Falcon F16V4 Controller. Last year I followed Trevi Lights Guide "How to access Falcon Controller wirelessly using Falcon Player Wi-Fi (Raspberry Pi)" and everything worked wonderfully. This year when I plugged in my electronics box (Controller, Pi, Broadcaster) nothing is working. I tried reprogramming the controller and Pi from reset factory stats and I can call up the FPP from its IP address but the Controller DOES NOT want to talk to the damn PI even though it remembers the IP address I am assigning it. I have been beating my head against the wall for TWO days and have gotten nowhere. Anyone got any suggestions? I need to get this show up and running even if I have to run a damn 100' ethernet cord although I would prefer not to.....

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
I'd recommend jump into the xLights zoom room. They will be able to check and review everything for you.

One of these:

Tandems8

New elf
I'd recommend jump into the xLights zoom room. They will be able to check and review everything for you.

One of these:

Thanks, I did exactly that. I hadn't updated xlights since January 2022 so when I brought it up, I had it set to auto update and there was a setting that became available which made the controller not talk to Fpp. Took about 45 minutes to find it even for them but we did and now everything is running perfectly!