Falcon Player v1.6 is now available

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Gilrock said:
I found my post on FPP forum. The 32GB card was getting hung at the start saying "Clearing Existing EBR". It gets to 32% and then never progresses. When I switched to the 16GB card it was getting past that step in a couple seconds. I'm also now using that same 32GB micro SD card in my GPS with no issues.

I had exactly the same issue with the first 16gb sad card I bought. It was cheap admittedly. The card looked fine when plugged into my Mac but would not work with the Pi. I bought a more expensive named brand sd card and it worked straight away. I put it down to the cheap card not being up to scratch.

Gilrock

Full time elf
logandc99 said:
Gilrock said:
I found my post on FPP forum. The 32GB card was getting hung at the start saying "Clearing Existing EBR". It gets to 32% and then never progresses. When I switched to the 16GB card it was getting past that step in a couple seconds. I'm also now using that same 32GB micro SD card in my GPS with no issues.

I had exactly the same issue with the first 16gb sad card I bought. It was cheap admittedly. The card looked fine when plugged into my Mac but would not work with the Pi. I bought a more expensive named brand sd card and it worked straight away. I put it down to the cheap card not being up to scratch.

Yeah but I didn't think my card was cheap. I was trying to buy the best I could find. It was PNY brand. I only buy Class 10 SD cards I even remember grabbing that one because it had a higher transfer rate than others around it. Most were listed as 45 and this one was 60. I forget whether that's even MB or GB....lol.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
My cheapy card was class 10 and 60 or 80mb/s which looked good but I now realise not all class 10 fast SD cards are created equally. It was a third of the price of the new one I got which I guess should have been a warning sign to me [emoji12]

Jimbo

Full time elf
Got it working last night.

Had a look at the power supply which i though was 1A, but was actually 0.7A.Switched it to a 1A one and it powered up and worked fine.