Farewell to 2010 - welcome to 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Farewell to 2010 - welcome to 2011

Hi to everyone,

What a mad, manic, wonderful year 2010 has been.

This may ramble around so apologies upfront, (plus i will repeat this as part of my personal post on the family room)

I would like to thank many people for their support during 2010 and in no order here goes.
- You.... the forum member reading this, without you we would not have a community.
- My two global moderators, Fasteddy and Tabor, they have done a great job and looked after the forum and me.
- The default Chat Group that regardless of the time of day seems to be around to answer questions people have.
- Ed Bryson (j1sys), the man behind the ECG/E131 without which a lot of the things acheived this year would not have

happened and a man i consider a personal friend. Ed, thank you for your contributions this year
- Tabor (again) for all the work he put in to make the TP3244 a reality.
- mrpackethead, yep gotta thank the man that has lead the way for RGB and made a commercial success of it in 2010.
- David in Texas for helping out with testing and package distribution.
- David in Bisbane for all the advise and support.
- Ryan for taking up the WIKI and getting it rolling and all the contributors so far.

If i missed your name, please don't feel insulted, everyone who has been around has been great and I thank you all for

making the Forum a success.

I'll take this chance to formally welcome the Australian LOR Users Group to the Forum, i hope we can provide a new

friendly home that the benefits outweigh and disadvantages caused by the move away from google groups.

2011 will see more people using multiple brands of equipment and I would like everyone to remember that it's not about

what you use but the smiles you put onto the faces of your family, friends and visitors.

On the note, I don't care if you buy it or build it, ultimately we all put in some form of sweat from sequencing music

to artistic display layouts to hand soldering a million LEDS to make our displays something special. Whatever you do you

do because you can so please respect peoples choices and abilities.

Well that's all for the formal announcement section.

May all that are suffering from Flood, Fire and Blizzards, I truly wish you all the very best over the next few days and

weeks.

I wish you all the very best for 2011

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I would also like to wish all our members a happy and prosperous new year, this forum wouldnt be what it is without you the members that make this place such a great place.

Status
Not open for further replies.