Fasteddys 2012 Christmas Colour Show

Robbo

Full time elf
yeah that makes sense Eddy :) my house is a boring house shape with 2 windows and a gable on the frontage.....we have a huge blank wall I need to fill, it in the past has had led stars on it, but next year I plan to centre the tree on the big blank wall and have coro stars at the base of the wall, maybe on a couple tiers.

are those strips the full 5 meters Eddy?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Robbo said:
are those strips the full 5 meters Eddy?

Im using a 6.5 metre gal pipe with the strips being a full 5 metres using 6 outputs fom a P12R controller so 2 strips are connected together at the top with power supplied at the bottom to both strips. The star sits a bit higher than the top of the Gal pipe so in total the tree stands just over 6.5 metres tall.

macflea said:
Eddy you are a true ledgend in this christmas light seen, with out you on this site ther would be many lost and frustrated people. Thanks for all you help this year and the for next 20 or so years.

Thanks im glad ive been able to help spread the joy (CLAP)

vincerules

Full time elf
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this video eddy! Your house looks awesome! I showed it to my wife and she immediately agreed to doing a mega tree and the candles for next year!

fathead45

Fiedler Christmas
wow eddy, now this is the best display i have seen using pixels so far. Reason being, you actually seq the dang thing and not made it look like a dance club. love it, this is what i shoot for with my display and trying to make it look as clean.

grungle25

Apprentice elf
Awesome Eddy! Now I want a pixel strip tree. Did you take any photos of the construction by chance. I shouldn't need to copy anything else after this... :p Unless you come up with another great idea of course.. :D

bcwhitehead1

New elf
Very! Nicely done. Absolutely amazing. Couple questions as I am redoing my roof lines for next year can you get spine if the install pics during the day?

angus40

Senior elf
Whoa !

Your light show is amazing Eddy . I know you have a lot of experience with this but still you have put a tremendous amount of time effort into this show .

From element setup and sequencing >>> to editing your video this is first class .

I salute you !

Richard

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Seeing it has been 3 years since your last personal display I feel it's time you use this quite time at work to make a new song & start a new sequence. If you have that much of the work pre done, you may be inclined to put on another show for yourself again.

After all your the sites #1 for posts with nearly 6000 under your belt. This is the year that FastEddy reminds everyone what he's about.

Profile%20of%20Fasteddy.jpg

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AussieDoug said:
Seeing it has been 3 years since your last personal display I feel it's time you use this quite time at work to make a new song & start a new sequence. If you have that much of the work pre done, you may be inclined to put on another show for yourself again.

After all your the sites #1 for posts with nearly 6000 under your belt. This is the year that FastEddy reminds everyone what he's about.

Profile%20of%20Fasteddy.jpg

Its been a little hard doing my own show for the last 3 years because having a full time job and building a business at the same time and family commitments have left very little time and energy to do anything. My son claims he will start doing it, but he made that claim last year and didn't do anything, so im expecting the same result from him again this year.
Hopefully things may change for me soon that may allow me to do something in 2016 but cant promise that either.

In the end my personal display only gets viewed by people in my area and on the forum but the City of Sydney's tree and other installs I was involved in would have well over 1 million people viewing them and I get paid to do what I love doing

Finally I think the level of peoples displays have become amazing and I think I would be playing catch up now with many of them, including yours Doug. Many of the past 'apprentices' have really grown and have now become masters themselves with many of them passing this knowledge on to new members and being key members of the community which is a great thing