Fasteddy's CCR Matrix

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Well I've put out a little video sample of the CCR matrix that i have been working on and sequencing through Ligtshow Pro.

you can take a look here. The video quality isn't the best and there is a lot more that can be done on this matrix including scrolling test.

Fasteddys CCR Matrix (12x16 - 192 RGB Pixels)

The matrix details:

The matrix is 1220mm x 1800mm (47 x 71 inches) this is the size of the corex sheet that the CCRs are siliconed to, the strips are spaced approx 110 mm apart and the orientation of the strip to the corex is very important for correct light diffusion. The corex should have the internal ribs running long ways (across the sheet) so the strip is set up so it starts at the top and goes down 12 pixels (1200mm) then joined and spaced 110mm apart the second CCR section then runs upwards and so on in a zig zag fashion until you have as many columns as required for me it was 16 columns which makes 4 CCRs at 12 pixels per column for a total of 192 usable pixels with 8 pixels that can be kept a spares. (the CCR pixels are not adressed and can be used in any order)

Each pixel of the CCR is 100mm long so i made the matrix with approx 110mm gap between each CCR section (you can make this 100mm if you wish) this allows a matrix pixel to be created that is approx 100mm by 110mm when the second sheet of corex is put on top of the CCRs. This then allows the light to diffuse into a matrix due to the 120 degree light angle but stops it diffusing into the next pixel due to the rib orientation.

The beauty about this matrix is that you can easily build it in a night, its light weight, strong, weather resistant, bright and has many pixels. You can do scrolling text, animations and great transitional effects

solidmodeler

New elf
The Shortcut box for the video i giving a failed, problem converting this video, please review our compression guidelines. Tried to go straight to the Vimeo site and it has same error.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
ThaiWay said:
Eddy, quite impressive!

Is corex the same as coro?

John

Thanks, Yes corex and coro are the same thing, it is corrugated plastic sheets normally sourced from sign makers. There are usually 2 thicknesses available either 3mm or 5mm thick, I'm using the 5mm thick sheets as it has better strength and comes in larger sheets

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
neilric99 said:
Eddy,

Was the sequence done using transitions from a video?

Neil

No the sequence was purely done using the animation tool in LSP. I have done transitions and these also look good, but for Best results when doing animation like in the video it is best to use the animation tool

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
riri7707 said:
Whaouh...
fantastic ...
Did you use the matrix option form LSP?

Cheers.... Henri

Yes i used the matrix tools in LSP. In LSP 1.7 it takes me under 5 minutes to setup the matrix and controllers and be testing with animations/transitions from a fresh install, so setting up a matrix is an extremely simple task in LSP 1.7