Fence Arches - Clarification Please

Wheels

New elf
G'day all,
Could I get some help on this to make sure I am on the right track.
I have all of the components together to make some arches on my front fence but really want to confirm some numbers etc.
I have attached a wiring diagram that I did to make it easy for me to follow.
There was some lights I recently purchased that had a specified power consumption, and I ordered power supplies to suit but kept thinking something wasn't quite right, so I asked a question and indeed it seems the specified max power was wrong. (Unless I just don't get it). So I am just a little on the back foot now as I don't want to spend money and damage anything.
Any help with the attached would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Wheels

Attachments

• Fence Arches - Wiring Diagram.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 50

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
In general you can say that all pixels draw 0.055A per pixel on 100% white. Your 60 led/metre 20 pixel/metre 12V strip works out to 1.1A per metre. Each arch will be 3.3A or just on 40W.
4 arches at 3m and 20 pixels/metre works out to 240 pixels total and 60 pixels/arch.
I would connect a power injection point to the end of the last arch as well as 6m is at the upper end of the distance that strip will go without noticeable voltage drop.

Wheels

New elf
Ok AAH, thanks for your help. So 3 power injection points total...... one at the start and one in the middle as shown as well as an additional at the end?
Thanks