FFP and "LED Panels" options missing (adding P5 Panels)

sackboy

New elf
Good morning all.

I have been looking into adding P5 panels, and watched this video last night -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7s2xovXK8&t=1450s

This seems pretty straight forward until I logged into my FPP and realised that I do not have an option for "LED Panels" under channel outputs.

I thought is was a licensing issue, so I bought the FFP48 license key, this did not work.

Am I missing something in EEPROM? I am at a bit of a loss from here.

Last edited:
1. What version of FPP are you running?
2. What are you running FPP on?
3. FPP only being used to drive the LED panels or also a pixel controller?
4. You do NOT need a license for using Panels.

Righto -

1. What version of FPP are you running? - version 7.5
2. What are you running FPP on? - I am running this on a Raspberry Pi 5 ( I do have older models avilable if I need to use them)
3. FPP only being used to drive the LED panels or also a pixel controller? Planning on using this for both.
4. You do NOT need a license for using Panels. Bugger, too late now, already paid for it, only $30 bucks.

Currently there is not a fully approved version for a RPI 5 which would be FPP v8, and a 4 is still recommended. Unless that has change din the last couple of week. I'm turning on a Pi now.

Thanks mate, I can upgrade to eight if required.

Can you tell me if the option is missing in your RP4?

v8 for RPI 5 is still a beta.

The LED Panels options are available on all of my pi 4, with v7.5 FPP installed on them, at least 5 of them.

Cheers, I will dust off a RP4 and see if the option appears.

Might have to be over the weekend as I am at work right now!

They are there on my Pi 5 with FPP 8. I am really confused how you are running 7.5 on a Pi 5, it shouldn't even boot up.

They are there on my Pi 5 with FPP 8. I am really confused how you are running 7.5 on a Pi 5, it shouldn't even boot up.
Because I'm really that good at stuffing up!

No idea, I also upgraded to FFP this morning just to see if the option became avilable.

I did load this software up late last year, so unless I somehow put the wrong image on (I was still in the steap learning phase).

Can you point me in the direction of the correct image?

Last edited:
Back