Finally finished all the cabling

AntinOz

Apprentice elf
Having a late start for my first year hasn't helped much. At least everything is up and running now, mostly just running a random sequence as I slowly put "rudolph the red nosed reindeer" together for my son in the evenings.
http://youtu.be/WjRCUJrdPy4

Shot with my D90, not really happy so any hints on shooting lights much appreciated.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The camera looks like it's handling the lights and actually getting a pretty good representation of the colours. I'm kinda guessing that you are looking west as the mega bright sky is taking a lot of the dramatic effect of the lights that you get once it is fully dark. Once it is dark that is when cameras can either do a good job or fail miserably.

AntinOz

Apprentice elf
AAH said:
The camera looks like it's handling the lights and actually getting a pretty good representation of the colours. I'm kinda guessing that you are looking west as the mega bright sky is taking a lot of the dramatic effect of the lights that you get once it is fully dark. Once it is dark that is when cameras can either do a good job or fail miserably.

I did some shooting in the dark last night, and had real focus issues. I think maybe manual focus

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Yeah. I found that my camera hunted the focus really badly with the light flashing. A tripod helped too especially for taking stills.

kel

Dedicated elf
work5.gif

AntinOz

Apprentice elf
I thought I had already posted this. Sorry for the poor sound quality. Not quite up to the standard of some of the new displays this year, but I was happy for a first attempt and have lots of big ideas for next year (mostly focussed around intelligent RGB and a small tree).

http://youtu.be/4nWyw_NcQ8Y