Finally saying Hello & Thanks

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Well I took a leap off the deep end this year.... After 8 years with LOR and AC its all RGB this year. No sleep and not much work in close to 2 months, but its lit up! Approximately 600 hours in 6 weeks learning networking, soldering, building props, power injection, Xlights, etc, etc... I didn't know what a switch was 2 months ago. Ping? whats that? No clue what I was doing lol. Going from close to 100,000 incandescent to 100% DC was a big leap. I had no clue what I was attempting... I honestly just bought a bunch of stuff and figured I could pull it off like I have every other year. Without the help of Shell,Bluzervic and Luke (Devo) I would've called it quits. I came close a couple times! Just wanted to finally say Hi and thank the people that helped me get this going. My display would probably be dark for the first time in a decade if it wasn't for the chat at AUSChristmas. Cheers!

dale82

Senior elf
Dan I can truly understand what you mean, Shell and bluz have definitely saved me a few times and devo is always helping me out with the different issues I have had, along with most of the usual crew (superman, Ben etc). This community is truly awesome. I am so glad your display is up and running and is awesome to say the least. A job well done.

I have no doubt that you will be a big part in the forum and it's always a pleasure chatting to you.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome9.gif

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Great to see you stuck with it and I bet you are enjoying the rewards of your hard work

For most its a massive learning curve and for many thinking of starting out then they best start now for next year as there is a lot to learn and understand, so make it a an all year hobby

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Thanks for the friendly welcome. Been a member for over a year now, just getting around to saying hi. I have spent countless hours in the Chat learning from all the seasoned pros. Thanks again to all. More than Bluzer,Shell and Devo made this possible. Those were just the three that spent A LOT of time with me. Shell and teamviewer was priceless. Many hours on the phone with Bluzervic as well. I plan on posting some video of my 54 mini tree forest when I get some better quality hopefully this week. This years display consists of
(2) Pixlite 4
(4) Pixlite 16
(11) LOR CMB24 (mini trees and floods)
(54) Mini Trees 100 Dumb RGB each
(9) Arches 5-10m 2811 Strip each
30 foot Light Pole 350 Bullet Nodes
20 Foot 360 Pixel Tree 32x50 2811 Square Flat lay nodes
16 Foot 90 Degree Tree 12x50 Strip
24x48 Matrix 2811 Nodes
50m- 2811 Strip on Eaves
40 RGB Floods, Strobes, etc

Youtube link from a few weeks back while still setting up. Not the best quality and not everything setup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxjMfS9wxu0

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
I thought you were part of the furniture Dan!
Officially welcome to ACL. Nice looking display you got there too :)