Finally started and just need advice on my next items to purchase.

Junior

Full time elf
Ok ordered my falcon from Darylc. Took me a long time to see if I'd do this, this year.

But I have ordered the Falcon in the bulk buy.

So Is the next step pigtails, Power supply and Pixels? If so. Are their any you can pay through paypal? If not. Then this is the links I have atm to order from.

Just thought I'd get started. Still have to measure up around the front of the house. Will do soon I'm when its cooler.

I don't have a link for the pigtails.

Pixels
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100.../1603691720.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.ygsfiq

Power supply
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32493...teDetail&spm=2114.12010612.0.0.4f2bd51dzrDyU2

videoman3857

Full time elf
Ray is a great source for all the stuff you need - pixels, leads, PSU . Send him a list, or discuss with him your needs and he will make suggestions.
When ready, get him to give you a quote.
Prices are usually cheaper and the freight is substantially cheaper.
Ask Ray about PayPal. He usually accepts it.

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
Hey Junior,

Referring to your other thread on the bulk buy. Just some things you may need for your show.

* Networking Switch
* Network Cables (Cat5, Cat5e or Cat6)
* Raspberry Pi with Falcon Player installed
* Security cable to connect to the pig tails (AKA Pixel Extension Leads)
* Soldering Gear
* Neutral Cure silicone
* Heat Shrink Tubing

Some things to keep in mind:
* Length of the runs from the falcon controller to the first pixel (If it greater than 10m you may require a Null pixel)
* Power injection
* every 50-100 Pixels (depending on type of pixel) requires you to tie in an additional 12v or 5v power. Ray sells "T" tails for this
* Weather factors: Rain, Wind, etc
* Tripping hazards! are people going to go through your display and trip over where cables are ran.

Hope this gives you an idea of what is required to think about whilst pre-planning your display.

Regards
Derf | Jack

Junior

Full time elf
Hey Junior,

Referring to your other thread on the bulk buy. Just some things you may need for your show.

* Networking Switch
* Network Cables (Cat5, Cat5e or Cat6)
* Raspberry Pi with Falcon Player installed
* Security cable to connect to the pig tails (AKA Pixel Extension Leads)
* Soldering Gear
* Neutral Cure silicone
* Heat Shrink Tubing

Some things to keep in mind:
* Length of the runs from the falcon controller to the first pixel (If it greater than 10m you may require a Null pixel)
* Power injection
* every 50-100 Pixels (depending on type of pixel) requires you to tie in an additional 12v or 5v power. Ray sells "T" tails for this
* Weather factors: Rain, Wind, etc
* Tripping hazards! are people going to go through your display and trip over where cables are ran.

Hope this gives you an idea of what is required to think about whilst pre-planning your display.

Regards
Derf | Jack
Thank you for your indepth reply. Omg fo I really need all this stuff?

Not sure 2500 dollars is gonna cut it this year. Thats my total budget as I'm getting married this year and usa trip next year.

I will definitely need all this stuff?

ElSalZi

Full time elf
If you're smart, you'll get there! We are going a little bigger to start off with :)confused:) but so far have only spent $1300ish... No lights but by Crikey we will have the best sourced set-up without lights this side of the equator! ;):laugh:

Make a plan, Find what is needed and then price it up. Rinse repeat!

The Raspberry Pi isn't expensive, somewhere $60-120. a micros Sim (don't simp) and memory stick and the programs are free!
Controllers (depending on your plan are more pricey, but you can start smaller or with get something that'll allow you to expend next year...

Check out the "Behind the scenes" videos and pick the items you'd like and go from there.

Going to the US can be advantageous coz you can bring back stuff from over there! :thumbsup: Anything from control boxes to Coro strips for a mega tree.... hope your new wife is into this, too!

videoman3857

Full time elf
Plan, plan, plan.
Draw it up on paper... Screw it up , throw it away.... draw it up again.
Its a bit like designing your own home. There's what you want and there's what you can afford.
Smal steps my friend, small steps.

Junior

Full time elf
Im a wuss. Im waiting for it to cool down, so I can do all the measurements.

Ordered the Falcon in the bulk order. 60m of pixels, pigtails and 5, 12v power supplies from felix.