Finding my way

MichaelS

New elf
Starting the journey in this hobby. I’ve met some great people locally in the north Richmond area and can’t thank them enough. Time to start planning 2022.

Adsy

Full time elf
Whilst a lot of this hobby is either daunting or frustrating ,it is certainly very rewarding also.
Read the ACL 101 if you haven't already as there's something for everyone.
Fortunately there are a few Aussie suppliers/sellers now so support them if you can.
Finally enjoy the experience and be prepared to empty your wallet completely.
Best of luck !! :)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Michael.
Now is the time to visit displays and get inspired to build some elements/props and start your pixel nightmar... hobby :)
Don't rush out and spend straight away, do some research, as questions (even if you think they're dumb, we've all started before) and make informed decisions.

vk3heg

Full time elf
Take a few photo's of your place. Play around with xlights. Sit out front and imagine what you want to do. Then plan what your going to need, then make multiple trips to bunnings and other hardware stores. xD

bmh255

New elf
Generous elf
As others have said. Plan to build. I had big hopes and dreams for this year but turns out having another child really eats into Xmas light time haha

I set mine up in the back yard as I didn’t have enough time to get mountings and all for the front. Plus building props takes much longer than you think, then add in time for your fingers to recover from pixel pushing. On a plus thou daughter and wife love it, so I have taken that as approval to buy more lights haha

Enjoy it, it’s addictive.
8A539B85-632C-48BE-AB41-D7B8C3753559.jpeg

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.