Firework help - controller

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
BretK said:
David, I would be interested in a couple 12v boards too.

When I gave estimates of pricing (in chat I think) the general consensus was that is was too expensive for the DIY Christmas market. If that's the case, there's not much point me making them.

ewanh

what goes here?
David_AVD said:
When I gave estimates of pricing (in chat I think) the general consensus was that is was too expensive for the DIY Christmas market. If that's the case, there's not much point me making them.

Is this a straight 24ch board to control 12v LED strip, or is it for pixel control only? (sorry, might be a dumb questions, but still haven't got my head around the pixel/dumb strip stuff fully)
I am planning on using a lot of short strips of 5050 this year and need a controller. From my reading of the board it would control 8 segments of RGB strip (perfect for my arches ;-) ). Currently the cheapest board to control these I have found will be Ray's Easy DMX board at around $44 plus shipping. Even buying $10 this works out to be $50+ per board (yes, I know it's 27 versus 24 ch)

With the non-Engrish chat support you would be able to provide, I think even up to $60 would be reasonable for an Australian sourced 24 ch, 12v DMX board.

just my 2c (or is it 3c with carbon tax?)
Ewan

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
This project wasn't really a controller at all. It was just a way of distributing the clock and data signals to multiple pixel strips.

If you need a cheap 24 channel DC Controller, the Ray Wu 27 channel one is in your target price range.