Firmware for ACL Strobes

Tabor

Full time elf
Here is the current firmware for the ACL Strobe board.

If using MPLAB and you would like to change the software to suit, you will need to download and install the HI-TECH C compiler.

found here: http://www.htsoft.com/downloads/

You will need the lite version of HI-TECH C Compiler for PIC10/12/16 MCUs, which is free.

Firmware

This firmware could possibly be updated so check back.

riri7707

Full time elf
Thanks Tabor...
One question, how to connect physically the Pickit for programming as the chip is very small?
specific support requested?
cheers... Henri

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The PIC is programmed after the strobe board is assembled. There is a row of pins down one side of the board for the programmer to temporarily plug into.

That does bring up a side note though. The PicKit 3 has a female connector, and the strobe board has a row of holes. To actually connect the two, you need a 5 way strip of male header pins.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
The Pickit2 is the same, i will try and remember to throw in a 5 pin header row with each order

-----------------------

If people make an interesting version of the Firmware could they please post it back for us all to see, be interesting if people come up with other ideas.

Cheers
Phil

riri7707

Full time elf
I have the pickit2.

One doubt : i have PIC10F200T-I/OT with 6 pins only and regarding the pcb design published seems
we need the 8 pin PIC version.
Am i right?

Cheers... Henri

Tabor

Full time elf
The 8 pin chip is actually the NUD4001 Constant current driver.

The PIC10F200 sot23 only comes in 6 pin, the Through hole version has 8 pins but two are not connected.

kool-lites

Full time elf
Sweet! Today I got my PICKit3 in the post. The Firmware is below. Just need the hardware, and I will start a "journey" into PICville.