First Display- Thanks for the Posts

mborg10

Michael Borg
Firstly my name is Michael,

I have read lots and lots of posts to find help and so far I have found all the information I have needed without asking any Questions.
So I thought I would Just introduce myself.
This is my third year fro christmas lights, but my first with sequencing.

So far I have invested in a 240v Commercial controller and 3 dc controllers. Most of the displays I had from previous years were 240v rope light so I wanted to use the 240v controller as my main controller. I guess the big thing I was worrying about was spending all this money and my display not working.

I spent the money on a pre-assembled 240v commercial controller and although a bit pricey I couldn't be happier. The construction of the box is very strong and durable.

I now have my main 16 channels working great and am concentrating on the dc cards.
16 channels for 16 led trees across the front lawn and if I get time 16 channels for a mega tree with 32 10m strings from china.

One thing I have overlooked is a resistor for my 12v led trees and I possibly may have fried one during testing, so looks like I have some more testing and soldering.

My big plan is to get bigger each year and possibly next year raising money for the Crohn's association. I myself have Crohn's and this is a fun way that I can help out.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Michael

I sure some of the very friendly people here that are smarter than me can assist with your situation although it sounds like you have it under control.

Look forward to your video.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Thanks.
I started a new post asking about my 12v blue led trees.
I guess for a first show you want it to look good so you have to tackle so much new stuff. Good when it works. Time consuming when you have to troubleshoot.

I'm in my 20s so I have a few years to build a killer display. But I want it now haha.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, Im glad you have been able to get a show going with the help of the info provided by the forum. I hope you take some video and post it up.

Thats the best plan is to just build on it each year as my display is now in its 3rd year with new items added each year, it allows you to keep things interesting and managable.

Anyway glad to see another New South Welshman, im down south of Sydney in Albion park.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Albion park is a bit of a hike to pop around and check out the show. I'm from penrith.

I started another thread cause I'm having some trouble with some blue led trees I bought and the more answers I get the more questions I have.