First ever show

elnino

Full time elf
Well after about 9 months of work and countless man-hours, its here. My completely arduino /e1.31 controlled display. No commercial controllers used here at all!

First time sequencing, first time mahing up music too.

Really happy with it (other than a strip falling a bit but i cant get to it now)
http://youtu.be/1g7d-yTU6HA

Hope u like

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Elnino, the amount of work you have put in shows. That is excellent. It's hard to believe that's your first go. You had better prepare the onslaught that is coming. They will be banked up to see it.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Awsome work and im sure you will feel rewarded by the masses that come to admire your creativity, good luck with it all

logandc99

Dedicated elf
That's a fantastic job - especially for a first year. Spot on with the timing.

elnino

Full time elf
Thanks for the words of encouragement. Im hoping its all worth it. Theres not too many sequenced displays in the south of sa so hopefully it should generate some attention.

How do you 'promote' your displays?

gerry

Senior elf
very nice indeed ! The effects on the mega tree are great !

What have you built the mini trees off ?

And are those floodlights against the garage walls ?

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
elnino said:
How do you 'promote' your displays?

I've found word of mouth does a very quick job. Probably took around 1-2 weeks and then the numbers started increasing. Could also of been that it's getting close to Christmas and people are now looking as well.

elnino

Full time elf
gerry said:
very nice indeed ! The effects on the mega tree are great !

What have you built the mini trees off ?

And are those floodlights against the garage walls ?

The mini trees are just corflute in a 5 sided pyramid. The stars on top were stripped from a strip of plain white lights i bought from the reject shop for $15 then the rgb leds were tesiously installed and wired. The color for the mini tree comes from a single 3w rgb led. The trees are 5v

I have 4 6w (2x3w) rgb spots (2 on each roller door) made from converted 100w halogen lamps (bunnings $10 ea) and i also have 5 12v 10w white led floods (ebay 5 for $50 shipped from au). I'm quite happy with the effect.

If you want pics/detail, let me know.

gerry

Senior elf
Hello Elnino,

Pictures of the spot light as well as the inside of the pyramid would be much appreciated , when u have time
Great work !

elnino

Full time elf
Gerry, the inside of the pyramid is really nothing special. I just have one of these mounted to a 15cm length of 25mm square aluminium tube staked to the ground. The pyramid is then staked down over it (I used weed mat stakes, they're in a U shape and cheap)
2014-09-28 07.52.50.jpg

The RGB spots are the same 3w LEDs, just with more heatsinking (I added finned heatsinks to the back of the flat bar after this pic was taken and covered the holes with aluminium tape)
2014-10-25 09.30.13.jpg

3w LEDs are about $1 ea (unmounted), then about $0.3 for the 'star' heatsink (or about $3.5-$4 ea pre-assembled)

I use diodes to drop the voltage from 5v which saves a lot of hassle and no issues yet.

The White spots are these:
$_57 (1).JPG
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321335898877?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

They are only 12v and pull about 600ma