First power up of E682 and WS2811 pixels need help please!!

DanJ

Full time elf
I powered up my E682 and my WS2811 pixel strips (from Ray Wu's store) today and I am only getting 50 LEDs to light up in each strip I have hooked up to the E682. I have checked voltages on all of the EURO plugs and I have solid +5VDC on all EURO plugs. I have the E682 running in its test mode and all three strips are lighting up fine (only 50 as noted though) and chasing bright thru dim as noted in the E682 manual. I did plug in one of the strips into the "end" of one of the other strips and I didn't get anything out of the "second" string in series. In case it matters these are the 30 RGB/m waterproof strips with WS2811 LEDs. I have everything temporarily hooked up and powered with no wiring at all between the controller and the strips; the strips' bare leads are inserted directly into the "EURO plugs" of the controller so I certainly shouldn't have excessive voltage drop!! Oh--one thing I tried--I jumpered the right power supply (J19) to the left power supply (J18) such that both sides of the controller were powered up simultaneously and that did not make any difference. Any ideas? Thanks very much in advance!!!

DSMJuggalo

New elf
Did you change the setting of the string length. I think the default is 50, maybe that's why only those are lighting.

DanJ

Full time elf
Found out the default test pattern configuration is set to 50 pixels. Was able to login to controller, set pixels to 150 and all pixels are now running test pattern. Thanks so much for your help!!! One more step forward in my quest to go RGB.