First project for 2014: Round bulb ornament RGB-style

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Hey all,

Just finished some preliminary testing on my first project of 2014, thought I'd post a video... These were supposed to be done for last year's display, but since I got my last order of lights on 11/30, I simply ran out of time... There's 70 WS2811 pixels per ornament, they are 12V from Ray (they were ordered to go on one controller with 12V Technicolor pixels.... and I will never buy 12V stuff again). I am going to leave these up all year in the garage where they're at because I feel like it will be a good way for me to get <hopefully> much better at using LSP. I barely scratched the surface of macros last year and being a very visual person means I need to see something other than a visualizer that just doesn't cut it for me. These will give me an actual light output to set my eyes on.

Also in this video is a wreath that I would like to work into next year's display as well. They are roughly 62cm in diameter and I did this first wrap-up using 50 of the same style WS2811 pixels. I have twelve of these wreaths that I paid $2 USD for and after seeing this first test, I wish I had more of them! I'm not sure if I'm going to up these wreaths to 70 pixels as well... will probably go out and wrap the wreath with the full allotment at some point this week and see it is noticeable...

Thanks for looking.

-Louie

arw01

Full time elf
nutz4lights said:
much better at using LSP. I barely scratched the surface of macros last year and being a very visual person means I need to see something other than a visualizer that just doesn't cut it for me. These will give me an actual light output to set my eyes on.

Is that a plasma macro I see with twinkle linked to it?

Alan

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Thanks everybody!

That macro at the end is just a sparkle with a couple of different densities, but both using the same "dot" size and full intensity. I have a bunch more playing to do before I start linking things... I wish there was a training video that showed more along the lines of linking macros. I think there was one... but this software is so deep with features once you get into linking...

-Louie

arw01

Full time elf
+1 on that, and then you can starting thinking, how could I make a video that would do this, or do that. Thinking I may have to learn some blender this summer.

I wanted some transitions that sent different parts of the stage in different directions at once. E.g. like a pie radiating from a center with some pieces sliding into the pie, and some sliding out of the pie.

Maybe rotating rings going in opposite directions and speeds radiating out from the center.

Panels that are both sliding up and down in the same video at the same time.