First time pixels! First time sequencing!

Habbosrus

Back again
Kane said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Looking great, looks like candy canes are the rage this year, but they are a great effect.

Don't worry Eddy, we know they were your idea!! :)
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Just remeber that Eddy when you see my 2d ray tree and candy canes ::) . Eddy's 2012 video got me hooked.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Habbosrus said:
Kane said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Looking great, looks like candy canes are the rage this year, but they are a great effect.

Don't worry Eddy, we know they were your idea!! :)
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Just remeber that Eddy when you see my 2d ray tree and candy canes ::) . Eddy's 2012 video got me hooked.

I agree 100%. If people want to create similar items then I must be doing something right. The ray tree was copied from somewhere else so not my doing, but the candy canes came to me when i had some spare bits lying around 2 years ago

bernard

New elf
Really great looking candy canes! Maybe one day I'll have the time and talent to do something like that... :eek:
How do you keep then up? is there a base so they don't fall (wind, uneven ground...)?

ShellNZ

Senior elf
I have 4 candy canes.

2 of them will be going against my brick house stuck on with cable tie/mounts. The other 2 canes I have rebar holding them up. Before I put the "lid" on the canes I drilled a couple of holes and put a cable tie through them, so the ties will ziptie up to the rebar.

BluePiggy

New elf
WOW these are amazing. Very cool.

I assume each each light has it's own controller right ?

<--- Noob!

kane

Dedicated elf
BluePiggy said:
I assume each each light has it's own controller right ?
Usually not necessary - you can daisy chain them, so one controller (or just one output from a controller) could cover many. Looks like these have 16 rgb modules (48 channels) meaning you could have 10 of them in a single universe.