First Time Sequencing 2012 in VA, USA

MacThomas76

Animated Shows since 2012
Several years ago, I started putting Christmas lights on the house and in the shrubs using one of those screw-in adapters in my porch light socket. Each night I'd just flip the porch light switch and several hundred lights would come on. I kept adding each year until I had to install outdoor receptacles. On Nov 25, 2012 I decided to try an animated display. It was alot of work, but I ended up with 9500 lights, 64 channels of LOR, and some new fixtures including a 9' mini megatree. Here's the video of the 3 songs I did:

Bellevue Christmas Light Show 2012

kel

Dedicated elf
work4.gif

Bird

LOR user
Those 3 songs are some of the best sequencing I have seen.
Display was not over used. Very elegant indeed.
In such a short time you gave yourself, you should be very proud.

MacThomas76

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about 2013, especially knowing I have time to plan and won't be so rushed. I'm sure it will be a bit more enjoyable this year. :D

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Congratulations on a really great sequencing job. You have a natural talent that should be the envy of most. It took me several years experimenting with animations before I managed to achieve synchronized lights & music.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Absolutely beautifully synched. Like Geoff (aussiexmas) said you have a natural talent for sequencing. I wish that I could get my display looking half as well synched as that.

MacThomas76

Thanks Geoff and Al...very encouraging. :D The more I learn about the sequencing software, the more I see how much I still don't know. I had no idea you could separate the channels into tracks in LOR. That will come in very handy for this year. My 2013 plan has solidified...368 channels and 45,000 lights. Huge expense building on only 9500 and 64 channels. So I'm skipping RGB for 2013, but plan to incorporate it in 2014.

I guess my goal for this year will be to get on Richmond's Tacky Light Tour, for which you need 40,000 lights minimum to be eligible. Sounds fun, but I live on a busy 4-lane street, so I'm a little worried what it might do to traffic. There are no houses across the street and there's ample on-street parking there. Everyone this year who watched the show did a great job parking across the street as I suggested in my announcement and on my yard signs. No accidents. But if Limos and buses start showing up, it might be a different story. It shouldn't be a problem as long as people are courteous and pay attention. I just don't want as many people hating my light show as there are people who enjoy it.

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
With what you did with your display, I would think twice about getting too much into the RGB stuff. To me what you did is just about pure perfection. I love the song choices you made. The second one almost brought tears to me. Every beat was spot on. Your display is better than most all the RGB displays I have looked at. Your color choices was the greatest match I have seen in any display. Move forward very carefully with any additions you are considering so as not to take away from what you now have, but only to enhance it. Thanks for an enjoyable video.....