First vote for Eddy to be doing pr videos .

Charl Marais

For my twins was the excuse I started with.
WOW - I am speechless :-X
This looks great and I can only imagine the effect this will have on any people viewing the show.

angus40

Senior elf
I guess my expectations might be a bit high , as I have seen what Eddy can do with Lsp .
I figured for a retail effects generator the effects would be a little more over the top .
I guess i missed those in the above video.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This video is just a small example of some of the inbuilt effects that the effects controller has. These effects are not run using the memory card but are part of the actual control interface within the effects controller. Using an SD card and LSP will then allow you complete control and the ability to do what you want.

So the video is only showing examples of the hard coded inbuilt controller effects, there is a total of 20 effects which then can be modified in different ways and then included into the playback show, effect durations can also be changed.

So straight out of the box the effects controller offers some nice basic effects for general use with no programming required.

Charl Marais

I made the assumption that these effects behave something like the LOR macro channels on the CCRs so one or two channel signals will create a much bigger effect.
What I love about this idea is the bandwidth overheads you can potentially save with the effects already on the controller.
Would love to see this in practice.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The effects controller is a standalone controller that is not connected to a network. It is designed to use its inbuilt effects or run effects from an SD memory card that has been preprogrammed in LSP

Charl Marais

So much for trying to save on overheads :-\ . Still nice effects though.

angus40

Senior elf
Thanks for explaining this . Upon first viewing of the video I was taken a back .
Now knowing the full details this makes more sense .
Hardware encoded effects would be more basic in nature.
Interesting advancement.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The controller does have the ability to be connected via DMX and just call premade effects from the SD card as well.

Further info on this below

Slave Mode (DMX) When the EC is put in Slave mode, it reads DMX compatible commands from port 4 or 5. Normally one EC is the Master and the rest are Slaves. However, you can also set all your ECs to Slaves and control them with an external DMX controller. The external controller can play files from the SD cards, set intensity for fading in/out, and keep synchronization.
The DMX control command is as follows:

channel 1: 'F' ascii F specifies command type (File play)
channel 2: n value of byte specifies file# from SD card (0-49)
channel 3: n value of byte specifies intensity level (0-255)
channel 4-7: nnnn these 4 channels form a 32-bit frame number (MSB first). When the F command is received, the selected frame of the selected file is sent to the lights at the given intensity level. To play an entire file, just send the F command at the desired frame rate, incrmenting the frame number until the end of file.