First year show - Struggling to build a shopping cart

Joshaaye

Hoping that everything still works..
Alright, so after everyones help regarding wireless recievers. I've gone through and mapped out my house and plans for how I'll set up my show. Looking for feedback for if I'm missing anything. I will probably run an inline fuse where I have got both power inject points.
Lights Template.png

i13

Dedicated elf
Sorry about my blunder with the expansion board. I was going by the info here which compares it to the F16V3: https://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,13929/
I now realise that I should get some more up-to-date information now that the F16V4 is about to be released.

The one thing that stands out to me as a possible problem in this diagram is the 274 pixels below the singing tree. It looks like these 274 pixels are only powered at one end so you might want to add a power injection point.

I am not sure how to read the direction of the strings in the diagram.

Joshaaye

No problem at all @i13 you did give me a bit of a heart attack when I woke up though haha, As for the singing tree. I have 1 cable coming from the reciever into it (Red line) and then a power injection on it as well (Yellow line). Which is the same as what I've done for the 263 pixel run up the top right of my house. Red line is straight from the reciever and then yellow line is where I will roughly need to inject power just to be safe. They're the only 2 runs I think I'll even run a slight chance of needing to inject.

i13

Dedicated elf
Yes, I understand that the singing tree and the top right will have power injection as per the diagram. The run of pixels that I am referring to is the 274 pixels below the singing tree. This looks like a continuous run of 274 pixels without power injection.

It looks like you're powering the 150 pixels at the top from both ends. This is fine but as you're using two different power supplies, you'll need to cut the positive wire in the pixels between the two power supplies.

Joshaaye

Oohhhhh my mistake! I completely blanked on that! Yes, I should definitely power inject. That will be easy though luckily.

John_82

New elf
For your power injection t’s make sure you have the right connector for the 2 core’s on your extension leads (From F8 distro to the 3-2-3 splitter)

I made the mistake thinking my 3-2-3 splitter had xconnect on all connections, only the 3 pin connectors were xconnect and the 2 pin were different type of 2 pin waterproof connector

PS you are game putting it all down in a spreadsheet…

My budget was 1k pretty sure I’m over 2k at present, I don’t want my wife to find the evidence… haha

Last edited:

Joshaaye

Good point! I think it's all good. I'm going to be very surprised if I need to power inject this year but we'll see