Flacon F16v3 Smart receiver matrix issues

BBQNinja

New elf
Hello friends.

I am hoping someone can help me with a couple of problems I have with a Matrix I have recently setup.

The Matrix is 48x18 with 3 inputs (3 x 288 pixels) and is running from ports 1-3 on the only smart receiver which is connected to a differential expansion board. Expansion board set to 17-32.

The F16 test patterns look OK

The issues are:
1. the first 8 pixels are lit up on each on the connections. (first 8 pixels of 288 on all 3). These just stay on all the time regardless if I am sending data or not including the F16 test patterns.

2. I can't get the setup correct for xLights. Models look strange and if I use a Pinwheel, I get 2 or 1 ghosted.
The matrix starts bottom right. Zigzags up 6 rows, then the next port starts and repeats for ports 2 and 3 on smart receiver.
In xLights I have it set to Horizontal - 3 Strings, 288 Nodes, 6 Strands, bottom right start and absolute start channel at 6574. This ends at 9165 and matches what the F16 port settings are. The wiring diagram matches how it is wired (from the back)
I am sure I am overlooking something in the config, but have been staring at it too long now and can't find the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_9555.jpg
    IMG_9555.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9557.jpg
    IMG_9557.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

darylc

404 darylc not found
the first 8 pixel thing usually means you have a mismatch between your controller and the dip switches on the smart receivers (eg telling one it's in smart mode and telling the other it's in normal/dumb mode)

BBQNinja

New elf
Amazing Daryl. You nailed it in under a minute. That sorted out both issues.
I had re-read the whole F16 Manual again tonight, but didn't think to check the receiver manual/settings.

You are a star. Thank you so much. 😁