Flashing lights in Face

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
his might not be a Nutcracker specific problem but I was in xlights at the time so thought I would post it here. Last night I was testing my lights with a picture of a santa face. I created a 60x60 pixel face and scrolled it across my lights and it worked well. I then thought I would resize the picture and just have it sit on the matrix (no movement).

I then resized the picture to 10x10 pixels. When it was on the screen it looked alright but when I sent it to the lights it made a couple of strings flash at a time, sort of rotating between the strings. Was just wondering what might have caused this. I have not yet tried to export this into my LOR file and run it from there to see if that made any difference.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks JCMarksafb, I had been doing lots of other effects with bars, butterflys etc previously and they all worked fine. I also tried the face with issues on the left&up movement and it went left and up and still flashed. I'm assuming from all the other things I did that the model is set up to match my matrix.

I have also exported my model effect to lor (through clipboard) and controlled the matrix from there fine as well in the past. The effects I put to lor clipboard and ran through lor I also ran from xlights before exporting and they worked fine from xlights too.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks. That would have been it. I had just finished doing some lor shows when I tried playing around with xlights before putting everything away. Good to know. Thanks.