Flat LED strip for wire frames?

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
I've had good luck putting my led strips into 1/2" pex plumbing pipe from Home depot it's flexable and the frosting on the pipe defuses the light well and it allows you to bend the strips in almost any direction. This works well for me in my leaping arches. Don't worry about the printing on the pipe, you don't see it at night, and it does not affect the lighting. Hope this helps.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
jcmarksafb said:
I've had good luck putting my led strips into 1/2" pex plumbing pipe from Home depot it's flexable and the frosting on the pipe defuses the light well and it allows you to bend the strips in almost any direction. This works well for me in my leaping arches. Don't worry about the printing on the pipe, you don't see it at night, and it does not affect the lighting. Hope this helps.

Do you see a consistant colour glow through the pex tubing or does it vary depending on how the strip lies in the tube creating shadows and bright spots

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
I feed the strip facing up. The bottom of the arch is darker than the top, but the top is where I want the light anyway. It helps to stuff a little foam into each end of the tube to secure the lights into the tube. Once I am happy with the positioning, I seal the ends with silicone. I'm working on putting my new 2811 strings inside. I've been using 5 segments of 5050 rgb strings with a pleasing effect. It makes for a little work, but it's cheap!