Flexible LED strips 60 vs 30 LEDs/m

Al in Raleigh

New elf
I have a project that I would like to use intelligent, flexible LED strips. I would like to have the highest LED density possible. Strips with 30 LEDs/meter are fairly common but certain strips offer 60 LEDs/meter which is tempting. I am venturing a guess that 30 LEDs and 60 LED strips both have 30 LED IC drivers per meter and the 60 LED strips have each IC driving 2 LEDs instead on 1 which is the case with the 30 LED strips. Has that been your experience too?
Thanks,
Al

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Do you also want the highest level of control as well.

60 LED per metre strip is usually associated with dumb strips and i havent really seen intelligent strip in this LED count
The 30 LED per metre is the most common 12vdc Intelligent strip and also is available in dumb strip

The other intelligent strip will vary but not sure you can get it in 60 LED/M and it would be 5vdc

12vdc strip will have 3 LEDs per controlled section

5vdc strip will have 1 or 2 leds per controlled section

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
30 led/M AND 60 led/M both are usually "dumb rgb strip"

In pixels it is usual to so 36Led/12 IC's per meter strip OR 32Led/32 IC per meter strip.

6803 IC based strip is 30Led/M

A quick trawl of Ray Wu's site does not reveal any intellegent strip with higher than 36 leds per meter.

Cheers
Phil

Al in Raleigh

New elf
Thanks. I half expected the advertising on Alibaba for 60 LED/m density intelligent strips to be fictitious due to the limited amount of real estate available.
Al