Answered Flickering pixels

Grant Astley

New elf
Ok I have managed to get my FPP talking to the F16, turned out that I didnt check the enable E131 checkbox in the FPP settings.

Now though onto another problem that I am having. When running test mode through the F16 interface the pixels light up and stay on as expected, all good. However when testing from the FPP interface the pixels blink like mad, the colour is right but just so much flickering. This also happens when I test a fseq file too.

Any thoughts? As I have nothing. From what I can tell everything re wiring, chip selection, etc should be fine as it works without the Pi FPP.

Tried to make a video to show exactly what I am talking about but it is too large to upload

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Do you have xlights or something else that can generate E1.31 data running at the same time?
Failing that can you pop up screenshots of the channel settings from both FPP and the F16.

Grant Astley

New elf
Hi AAH
You have hit the nail on the head. I did have vixen running on the computer it was not playing at time of testing lights though. I did not realise that that would still be putting out E1.31 data just from having it open. I did notice that in the E1.31 status the universes were receiving packets even when nothing was set to run and also while this was happening no pixels were doing anything so I didn't really think any more of it. Turns out I really should have.
Closing down vixen has resolved the issue. Cant thank you enough.

This thread is marked as solved. An answer might not be needed anymore.