FM Transmitter - Dead!

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
My old fm transmitter has finally given up the ghost what is everyone using? I will need to get something fairly quick unfortunately.

Any suggestions?

Cheers Kev

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Yep fully extended it's just a small $10 Chinese one an old wok-mate put together for me

Boof63

Senior elf
Kevr, have used the same for past 2 years, works a treat at the back of the house,
plugged into headphone jack on computer. low setting has range of approx 500m for my setup,
cheers Boof63

Nuzzy

Apprentice elf
I bought the same one last year @Trucking_Al for some reason it would not work last year, I couldn’t pick it up on any radio regardless of the frequency set or power output. This year I pulled it out and plugged it in and it worked straight away and has been going strong. On the low setting it gets around 800 metre range with the aerial all the way up and sitting outside.

Trucking_Al

New elf
I bought the same one last year @Trucking_Al for some reason it would not work last year, I couldn’t pick it up on any radio regardless of the frequency set or power output. This year I pulled it out and plugged it in and it worked straight away and has been going strong. On the low setting it gets around 800 metre range with the aerial all the way up and sitting outside.
Awesome, good to know. Thanks Nuzzy, I'm still new to all this. Planning and experimenting for next Christmas.