FM transmitters

talk2coxie

Full time elf

Benslights

Dedicated elf
yes that is what i have upgraded to and it is awsome blows the whole house transmiter out of the water for 25% of the cost.

Bird

LOR user
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
yes that is what i have upgraded to and it is awsome blows the whole house transmiter out of the water for 25% of the cost.
Ditto
However, in the US, this transmitts farther than is allowed.
But I'm not going to report myself. :)

z_special

Full time elf
Well this was my first year for a show and I used the "Whole home one" I must say I would not recommend this unit to any one. I had my car parked across the street 35 metres away and if the dog walked past the transmitter the radio would cut out. The Audio quality is poor at best and if someone paid me for shipping plus $10 I would send it to you.

Zane

adski

Dave Brown
The sad truth is that anything "legal" - that's 10 microwatts in Australia - is going to struggle to be heard across a room, let alone out in the street. Even the 25 milliwatt Vast FM02 (2500 times more power than the legal limit) needs a properly tuned antenna to cover a few hundred metres with a clear signal.

However, one discussion I had with "the authorities" last year suggested that they believe a legal transmitter is good for a hundred metres or more, so unless you can be heard "the other side of town", I don't think you'll draw any attention.

Dave

Benslights

Dedicated elf
i know one memeber from this group had a visit from the authorities. He new the correct answers to there questions so he was ok. i think that is all we need to know.