Forum Issues? "New Posts" not working?

kane

Dedicated elf
This seem to happen quite regularly - today when I loaded up the "New Post" url, I am told there are no new posts. But if I go and find the "View the most recent posts on the forum." url, I can see that there has been at least 8-10 posts since I last checked the forum last night.

Does this happen to anyone else?

If this is something that happens to everyone, I think it's to the detriment of the whole forum, as people are missing out on getting questions answered if people don't see them!

Anyone else, or is it just me??

Kane

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Ive never had this issue myself

I do have tapatalk installed on an ipad and my android phone - wonder if that is somehow the apps are marking forums as read... It shouldn't though - as the app doesn't usually mark the threads as read until you load them up..

wierd!

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Hi Kane,

I've have this exact issue. Not sure why? Sometimes I don't always log out before closing down the window using internet explorer. Maybe this is the reason?

kane

Dedicated elf
talk2coxie said:
Hi Kane,

I've have this exact issue. Not sure why? Sometimes I don't always log out before closing down the window using internet explorer. Maybe this is the reason?

At least it's not just me with the issue!

I never logout (and that shouldn't actually matter)..

What will make it hard to fix is that it's an intermittent issue.

Madko

Full time elf
Yeah i have a similar issue. Sometimes my unread list contains no replys but when i go look in the forums, there are replies.

Bird

LOR user
The only issue I have is once in a while there is a post that would have been started about 2 days prior and I did not see it. It seems that once in a while a reply will trigger it as a new post while the actual 1st new post did not trigger.
In my case, I very seldom use TapTalk on my IPhone to check forums, and this issue does not seem to be connected to that useage.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
So for anyone experiencing said problem:
  • What browser(s) do you use?

• Do you use multiple computers at home using the same ISP connection?
    Are the lack of new posts only after logging into ACL from another pc at the same location? Were you still logged in at the original computer (computer A) or did you log yourself off before logging in again on the current computer (computer B)?
  • Do you use multiple computers at different locations (different ISP connection)
    Are the lack of new posts only after logging into ACL at a different location (computer B)? Were you still logged in at the original computer (computer A) or did you log yourself off before logging in at the new location (computer B)?
  • Do you browse from a mobile phone or tablet browser (not Tapatalk) as well as a regular computer while logged in?
    Are the lack of new posts only after switching from phone to pc or pc to phone?
  • Are you logged into chat while experiencing the problem?

• Do you use Tapatalk?
    Are the lack of new posts only after using Tapatalk? What version of Tapatalk are you running and is it for iOS (iPhone/iPad) or Android?
  • When and if there are a lack of new posts next time, try and recall the exact steps that led to this and repeat them again later - are there again a lack of new posts or did they show up without issue?

EDIT: What "new posts" link is being clicked on when this occurs and is the lack of posts occuring with all links (top of forum, navbar menu, bottom of forum) or one specifically?