FPP 2.0 - Using Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
As most are probably aware there is 2.0 version of FPP available

There is heaps of great info about FPP on the Falcon Christmas Forum
http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php

Anyway I thought I might do a quick post and about a things I noticed as a new FPP user.

I am using a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Dan Kulp has provided great installations instructions here
http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,9372.msg86821.html#msg86821

I followed these instructions and FPP loaded very quickly on the Rasp Pi and I was able to access FPP by simply typing fpp into my browser.

I then set my Network settings as required.

So all was looking good.

I wanted to try and use the Rasp pi / FPP set up without having to use a USB memory stick to save the fsq & audio files on (as per the previous FPP versions) as I had read that it was possible to now store these on the micro sd card.

So I had a look in the FPP settings to view the storage device (Status Control/FPP settings).
I noticed the External Storage Device had the SD card listed but only 0.7GB free.
I was using a 16GB micro sd card.

So a quick look on the falcon Christmas page Dan provided the following info on how to make use of the full sd card storage.

Go to
FPP/Status Control/FPP Settings
Then select Advanced Settings
InkedFPP 2.0 increase storage size on sd card - 150918_LI.jpg

Then use "Grow Filesystem" follow prompts and you are good to go and you will have the remaining size of your SD card to store your files on.

InkedFPP 2.0 increase storage size on sd card - grow filesystem 150918_LI.jpg

I was then able to upload my fsq & audio files in to FPP and have them saved directly on the SD card (No need for a USB memory stick).

So a big thanks to Dan and others for this update to FPP.

Bryan H

Bryan
Great stuff, I just put 2.0 on my Pi and was wanting to run everything of the sdcard as well. Thanks for the update, saved me looking on the falcom forums.

Albrador

New elf
So I know this post is a few years old but still highly relevant. Ive burnt the FPP 3.6 onto my RPi. Basically once I connect and boot the RPi up I get as far as the Boot Up screen for the RPi but then it doesn't go to the Falcon Player page like ^^^Jeff youtube video. What am I doing wrong?

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
were you viewing the web page at the IP of the Pi, or using a monitor plugged into the Pi?