FPP and SanDevices e682- help for a newbie pls

uncleBuck

New elf
Hello all, thank you for any help that anyone can offer.

I have 2 sanDevices e682's connected to a gigaBit switch and then from the switch into a raspberry Pi 3B. I think the raspberry pi is configured properly as I can get to the FPP interface (current version) wirelessly but that is as far as I can get. I have watched many videos that describe how to get the Pi talking to the controllers but still no go with nothing to show but a headache.

Can anyone help a old guy who once thought he was smart with this stuff?

thanks in advance,

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
If you have no router/DHCP server in the network to assign up addresses, you will need to manually set an IP address for each controller. Then you should be able to send data to each one from the pi.

uncleBuck

New elf
If you have no router/DHCP server in the network to assign up addresses, you will need to manually set an IP address for each controller. Then you should be able to send data to each one from the pi.
thank you for your help, I was closer than I thought and it was a silly error that was not letting me ping the controllers.

All good seeing the 2 controllers now but when FPP runs the xLights sequences they are not accurate to what xLights was sequenced. Is there a setting in xLights that I need to adjust to prepare the .fseq for FPP? Thanks for your help

algerdes

Al Gerdes
"when FPP runs the xLights sequences they are not accurate to what xLights was sequenced" Can you elaborate a bit on what you mean by "not accurate"?

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
thank you for your help, I was closer than I thought and it was a silly error that was not letting me ping the controllers.

All good seeing the 2 controllers now but when FPP runs the xLights sequences they are not accurate to what xLights was sequenced. Is there a setting in xLights that I need to adjust to prepare the .fseq for FPP? Thanks for your help

I am going to check that you have configured your 682's to control the right number of pixels that you have chosen per output. i.e you have 170 pixels on output 1, and that you are telling the controller to send 170 pixels worth of data to output 1 before sending data down to output 2.