FPP Connect / UDP Out: All

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Hi all--

Happy to report that there’s less than 6 months till the big night. Also….
We have a hand full of independent xlights / FPP systems around our building. Some are standalone PiCaps and others are larger systems with remotes.
The system I'm inquiring about today is a F16v4 driven by an FPP master which feeds this F16 and one Picap remote.
In FPP Connect, I set the UDP out to "All" when uploading to this particular FPP master. Let's call this the New FPP Player. That was seemingly the only way I could get the Channel Outputs to be correct for this FPP Player.
The problem is that now all the other FPP players in the building stopped working. To fix this, on the New FPP Player, I went into Channel Outputs and unchecked all the other FPP Players in the building -- leaving only the New FPP Player and its one remote checked.
The problem is every time I upload an update or upload a new program, all the Players in the building are rechecked (and stop working.)
Is there are better way to set up this New FPP Player?

dkulp

Full time elf
In xLights, set all the other FPP instances from "Active" to "xLights Only". When uploaded, they would be turned off.

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Ok thanks.

I've switched ALL the Picap instances to xlights only — including the remote attached to the 'New FPP Player' that I referenced above. The only item in the xlights controller list set to Active is now the F16.

For reference sake, how do I determine what should be set to Active and what should be xlights only?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Anything that needs E1.31 Or DDP steamed from your show player should be Active. Anything that stores the sequence locally and plays in a remote style mode should be xLights only