FPP forbidden

Helty

Apprentice elf
Hey guys
Anyone else having issues with there FPP dropping out and getting a forbidden message when you put the up address in?

my show will run fine for 30min or 1hr but at random times every stops or freezes and when I go into the FPP I get a forbidden message.
I can power off and restart the show and i starts running again. But sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times a night.
Any ideas?

thanks

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
I got that once when an upgrade failed to complete properly. IIRC, I just needed a reboot but I don't have a problem re-imaging FPP so I might have done that.
What version are you running?

Helty

Apprentice elf
I’m using 7.3 am I able to just update from the about page or should I reflash the SD card again?

darylc

404 darylc not found
I re-read your post, if that is happening after it works for a while, then get a new SD card as well

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
ok i believe i know whats going on.. after just fixing a similar issue..
to find out if its what i think it is, reduce the output brightness to half. if you have no issies..
then the china power supply is now failing and causing the FPP low voltage and shutting it down.
after a couple of times of being shut down like that fpp give that error..
I then went into the fpp terminal with the :4200 at the end, logged into it, sudo reboot. an it will come back up happy again.. till it happens again