FPP output different from xLights ?

perigalacticon

New elf
When I play from FPP it appears that the first several controllers are displaying correctly but the last few controllers are displaying incorrect data from each other's channels, it's like FPP is sending the wrong universes to the wrong controllers, or the channel numbering is messed up. One controller is getting data overlayed from 2 models for instance.

The outputs list has the correct channel and universe numbers, which are the same as the channel numbers on the xLights setup tab, so I don't understand why this discrepancy is occurring. I have re-saved and reuploaded and rebooted to no effect. Can anyone suggest some things I can check?

Attachments

• setup2.PNG
    setup2.PNG
    99.2 KB · Views: 22
  • outputs2.PNG
    outputs2.PNG
    239.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Try running Tools>Check Sequence in xlights to see if there's any channel overlaps. Those 2 screens don't show any issues.

daunce

Full time elf
Can you put FPP in Bridge mode and use xLights to output to lights to see if you get the same issues? Then you can narrow it down if it's misconfigured in xLights or FPP.

I had similar issues with elements that had the incorrect pixel count, or duplicate channel numbers.

After updating the number of pixels in some elements, I had to go into xLights and go to Tools / Purge Render Cache so it looked right. I also had to go and upload input/output to controllers again.

That fixed my main issue, but realised one element was still a bit off, so I did the upload again, and it worked all ok.

perigalacticon

New elf
Try running Tools>Check Sequence in xlights to see if there's any channel overlaps. Those 2 screens don't show any issues.

Thanks, I ran the model check and it didn't show any problems except mentioned there was an effect that had Canvas Mode on that normally didn't support this option so I unchecked it and it ran normally in FPP. However, I was unable to recreate the problem by checking it again, so I'm not sure that was the issue. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: AAH