FPP video

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
I have a 1080p video wall fed by an instance of FPP. Right now it's in player mode and just loops via the scheduler.

For the Christmas display, I want to make this player a Remote and have a video kick off with the overall lightshow. I was testing this today and could not get the video remote to play with the test coming from the master.

I have "Thanksgiving.fseq" playing on the master and it is successfully controlling several PiCap remotes as well as a few boards in Bridge mode. I put a video of the same exact length on this video remote and called it Thanksgiving.mp4.

In Multisync on the master I connected the remote with the video on it. Logging into the remote, it acknowledges the master and says "waiting for sync commands" but remains idle.

Am I missing a step?

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
I see, thanks.
In my setup lights and music play off the master. The goal is to play the corresponding video on a remote. Is there a way to achieve this?

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Great, Got it... so the video can sync with other media... doesn't have to be the same type.

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
So quick follow up here...
The remote video is working as expected, but I'm noticing some stuttering/freezing during the video.
I remember reading something about an FPP setting that allows the sync interval to be throttled back. I cannot find that setting. Do you think that might be the issue? I suppose it might be data rate was well. I converted the video to mp4 using handbrake and used fairly standard settings (for 1080p)
Is there a real of thumb for FPP HDMI video?