FPP Web browser on the RPi box.

Cee DeLights

New elf
Is there a local web browser that is available on the FPP/Rpi box?
If so, how do I enable it to auto-start and display the FPP browser when the Rpi box is powered on?

I'm thinking of installing a small Touch LCD screen so I can view settings and status of FPP without having to use a laptop (or phone)

Perhaps its possible to install a small browser app and auto-run the browser when the FPP box is turned on.

Cheers.

Lachi3

New elf
Is there a local web browser that is available on the FPP/Rpi box?
If so, how do I enable it to auto-start and display the FPP browser when the Rpi box is powered on?

I'm thinking of installing a small Touch LCD screen so I can view settings and status of FPP without having to use a laptop (or phone)

Perhaps its possible to install a small browser app and auto-run the browser when the FPP box is turned on.

Cheers.
There is a kiosk mode in fpp that allows you to access the interface directly from the pi. I think it may only work with hdmi though so it would depend what Lcd screen you use.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Further to the above - this setting also works an absolute treat on the OEM Raspberry Pi LCD panel that connects using the internal ribbon connector - rather than via HDMI.
Not only does the display work, but the touch screen also does too.

IMG_20220107_204415.jpg

Xx_Strike_xX

New elf
Further to the above - this setting also works an absolute treat on the OEM Raspberry Pi LCD panel that connects using the internal ribbon connector - rather than via HDMI.
Not only does the display work, but the touch screen also does too.

I set mine the same way. All I get on the screen is the mouse icon. Did you force the image to the pi screen some how?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
It's been a while since I had that setup, was more a test, I think with FPP5.4
Two questions,
1. what version of FPP are you using?
2. Did you enable Kiosk mode?

derekstein

New elf
I enabled kiosk but have been getting an error on the the pi screen saying it can't connect to the x server? Do I have some settings set incorrectly?