Funny things people say at your Christmas Light Display

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
i got the comment from a group of people so how hard is to do
i told its not that hard when you get your head around it then the girl said what do you do for a living , so i told her i am a motor mechanic by trade she looked at her partner and said see it cant be that hard !!!! i asked the partner what he did for a living he said he was a barista , i kept my mouth shut and thought yeah you go buddy you could make everyone coffee's while they look at your store bought inflatables

MarcD

Full time elf
Completely off topic, but I couldn't think where else to put it.

We went to our local Coles this morning and got chatting to one of the girls in the deli section. She'd been there since 2am making platters and was off on a short break. We asked if the customers had been nice today and she said most had. She said the worst was a lady who bought a bag of prawns. They sealed the bag and stuck it on the scales. The customer looked at the weight and said (seriously) "There's way to much air in that bag. I'm not paying for that". Without saying anything, the girl opened the bag, squeezed out as much air as possible, sealed it up and put it back on the scale.

Needless to say, it weighed exactly the same. The woman looked at the weight and didn't say a word. The girl then handed her the bag and said have a merry Christmas.

Please be extra nice to shop attendants this Christmas. They're working ridiculous hours under enormous stress.

Jimbo

Full time elf
Wow,
some funny comments!

I have had a few more. I think I must have been asked now about 20 times if I am an electrician. I dins it surprising because I don't know any electricians that syncronise lights inside a house when doing work.

Also last night a funny conversation that happened behind my wife.

"Wow. This must cost a lot. These people must be rich. Only rich people could afford to buy those lights and do this. Pity. Christmas isn't about rich people"

I must say the positive comments though outweigh the negative be far, and sometimes its good to just have a laugh and to let it go.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
well i just got the best compliment from one of those rich people who drive BMW 4WD's and park in the middle of the road she told me this little display is better then the whole street that is done in another suburb i was elated until she said i have never seen any thing like this before , here it comes ready wait for it what shop did you buy it all from LMAO

mborg10

Michael Borg
I actually like this one.

A group of Samoans rocked up and asked where I got these phat beats from. I'm gonna have to use so some sweet moves on this and proceeded to have a dance battle with my mega tree. He was good but the mega tree out gunned him in every way.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Here is a real xmas cracker we have a guest book to sign for visitors great fun just suburb names date and comments and kids draw pictures really cool and we post on f book page . Now the the thing is I believe its xmas eve 24 dec right . Now lovely couple with two littlys mum is signing the guest book and asks husband or partner whats the date today . Not sure of her hair color as was underneath driveway arches maybe blonde or brunnette unsure ?

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I had a bloke tonight argue that my lights must cost thousands in Electricity for the month. He would not believe me it cost less than $15 for the month in power, no matter how I explained it to him :)

thecrazylightlady

Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P
i had one last night, as the Grinch said, we have a visitors book out the front for people to write in. So im standing out the front talking to people as i always do, when a lady goes to write in my book and proceeds to say to her kids " I cant see what im writing, theres not enough light!"........um really lady, 30 thousand lights is not enough apparently!

andrewa

Full time elf
Just before Christmas a person made the following entry to our Guestbook "lots of power used, enjoy the bill".
[/size]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/size]Got my power bill yesterday, and i owe my power company 56cents for the quarter. [/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
yes I have a small solar system on my roof (2kw), but just shows that the lights do not use that much power[/font]