G'day and some info please

lumberjack

New elf
G'Day All
My name is Lumberjack iam new to this site and was just woundering how and were to buy led lights and how do i get them to my computer.
Any info would be great
Thanks Again and I hope you all had a great christmas.

Lumberjack...

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome36.png

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL Lumberjack.
Where you get leds will depend on how soon you want them, what sort you want and how much you want to pay. If you're after plain old led strings then you could live in hop that Big W, Masters Hardware, K Mart, Bunnings etc have some in stock still. If you're after pixel leds then you have to source these overseas. Most of us get them from China with Ray Wu probably being the most common source.
As for getting the leds to your computer I'd suggest carrying them ;)
What I assume (omg I'm assuming again) that you are really asking is how to connect to your lights to your computer so that you can control them. There are lots of ways to control them so you're probably best off finding fasteddys 101 lighting manual and having a read.

Flash

Not a morning person, except on December 25th.
Welcome lumberjack

Also keep an eye out for the Brisbane Mini. A get together of members with demos, how too, etc. Around June/July.

Link to Brisbane Mini Expo 2013 - 15th/16th June thread - Here

Robbo

Full time elf
welcome lumberjack, as far as info goes you've come to the right place, there are many options regarding where to buy lights and just as many options for connecting them to your pc.

the basics is

Software - you use this to program the lights, several options for software.
Hardware - Controllers, used to as the name suggests "control" the lights, they receive the data from the computer and do what you tell it to do.
Lights - many options for lights, traditional fairy lights etc you buy from k-mart, big-w, target etc, or RGB lighting sourced mainly from Chinese suppliers.

If you are not afraid of a little or lot of DIY then you should have no trouble getting into this hobby we call C.L.A.P