1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

G'day from Baldivis WA.

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by sim69er, Aug 30, 2016.

1. sim69er

sim69er New Elf

hi everyone.
    My name is Siavash but you can call me Sim for short.
    I live in Baldivis WA and am completely new to all this. I've been following Light O Rama based setups online for about 3 to 4 years now and my wife has finally let me buy some controllers.
    Last year I bought a bunch of light after Christmas and a few other things and last week I just bought my first two LOR 16 channel controllers.

I would love to meet up with people near by and chat about their displays and get some advise.

I'm just starting off this year as a bit of a trial an error setup with next year planned to be the 'big' display.
    I'm hoping that by Christmas this year I'll know exactly what I need to buy to build on my current setup.

My plan is to expand into pixel RGB's next year but I think I still have a lot to learn.

Speak soon.
    Sim.

2. TheFordys

TheFordys New Elf

5 Cimarron Edge Meadow Springs Mandurah WA
    Hey Sim, welcome. I am down Mandurah way. I don't do the controlled lighting effect displays so cant offer any help but please keep me updated on how you go with your display. The Fordys

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

3. OP
    OP
    sim69er

sim69er New Elf

Thanks The Fordys.
    I'll keep you all up to date as best I can.

4. djgra79

djgra79 Senior Elf Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Welcome to ACL Sim! Lots of handy info in the forums but feel free to post your own queries or jump in chat and ask away, no such thing as a silly question.
    Getting into pixels can be a bit of a steep learning curve, make sure you check out the 101 manual and have a few reads.

Cheers, Graham

5. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    Hey Sim, I am in my 3rd year at this, I am in Collie, so a little further South.
    I jumped in with a bunch of dumb controllers using Vixen my first year, stepped up to pixels last year and am basically addicted, If you are ever down this way, I have always got some test controllers in the shed setup and use them to test new display pieces, so could show you some bits and pieces.
    Or come for a drive in December and have a chat when it is all up and running and see the whole setup while it is running.
    Either way, ask anything you want, even if it sounds like a dumb question, no one here will mind, we have all been there and usually someone will have the answer for you.

6. OP
    OP
    sim69er

sim69er New Elf

Thanks Graham.
    I think I want to jump straight on to pixels because I'm am starting fresh and I have fallen in love with pixels. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. OP
    OP
    sim69er

sim69er New Elf

Hey scamper. I might just take you up on that offer. Thank you. [emoji4]

I might see how I'm going in a few weeks and try to set up a time to drive down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:

No Problems, just flick me a message when you find the time and we will sort something out. I have just realised that I have only got 2 months (or less) before I need to start setting up, so am spending every spare minute in the shed building and testing at the moment :p . I keep doing this, waiting till the last minute and end up only finishing my display a week before xmas, so i am determined to be ready this year :D

9. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Welcome to ACL, lots of great help and advice here to help you on your way