G'day from Baldivis WA.

sim69er

New elf
hi everyone.
My name is Siavash but you can call me Sim for short.
I live in Baldivis WA and am completely new to all this. I've been following Light O Rama based setups online for about 3 to 4 years now and my wife has finally let me buy some controllers.
Last year I bought a bunch of light after Christmas and a few other things and last week I just bought my first two LOR 16 channel controllers.

I would love to meet up with people near by and chat about their displays and get some advise.

I'm just starting off this year as a bit of a trial an error setup with next year planned to be the 'big' display.
I'm hoping that by Christmas this year I'll know exactly what I need to buy to build on my current setup.

My plan is to expand into pixel RGB's next year but I think I still have a lot to learn.

Speak soon.
Sim.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Sim! Lots of handy info in the forums but feel free to post your own queries or jump in chat and ask away, no such thing as a silly question.
Getting into pixels can be a bit of a steep learning curve, make sure you check out the 101 manual and have a few reads.

Cheers, Graham

scamper

Dedicated elf
Hey Sim, I am in my 3rd year at this, I am in Collie, so a little further South.
I jumped in with a bunch of dumb controllers using Vixen my first year, stepped up to pixels last year and am basically addicted, If you are ever down this way, I have always got some test controllers in the shed setup and use them to test new display pieces, so could show you some bits and pieces.
Or come for a drive in December and have a chat when it is all up and running and see the whole setup while it is running.
Either way, ask anything you want, even if it sounds like a dumb question, no one here will mind, we have all been there and usually someone will have the answer for you.

sim69er

New elf
djgra79 said:
Welcome to ACL Sim! Lots of handy info in the forums but feel free to post your own queries or jump in chat and ask away, no such thing as a silly question.
Getting into pixels can be a bit of a steepfq learning curve, make sure you check out the 101 manual and have a few reads.

Cheers, Graham

Thanks Graham.
I think I want to jump straight on to pixels because I'm am starting fresh and I have fallen in love with pixels. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sim69er

New elf
scamper said:
Hey Sim, I am in my 3rd year at this, I am in Collie, so a little further South.
I jumped in with a bunch of dumb controllers using Vixen my first year, stepped up to pixels last year and am basically addicted, If you are ever down this way, I have always got some test controllers in the shed setup and use them to test new display pieces, so could show you some bits and pieces.
Or come for a drive in December and have a chat when it is all up and running and see the whole setup while it is running.
Either way, ask anything you want, even if it sounds like a dumb question, no one here will mind, we have all been there and usually someone will have the answer for you.

Hey scamper. I might just take you up on that offer. Thank you. [emoji4]

I might see how I'm going in a few weeks and try to set up a time to drive down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scamper

Dedicated elf
sim69er said:
Hey scamper. I might just take you up on that offer. Thank you.
emoji4.png

I might see how I'm going in a few weeks and try to set up a time to drive down.

No Problems, just flick me a message when you find the time and we will sort something out. I have just realised that I have only got 2 months (or less) before I need to start setting up, so am spending every spare minute in the shed building and testing at the moment :p . I keep doing this, waiting till the last minute and end up only finishing my display a week before xmas, so i am determined to be ready this year :D