G'day from Leeming WA

Motorvated

New elf
Just joined the group. Last Christmas was my first attempt at a reasonable display. Now have the bug to do something better this year. Want to learn all I can to produce something decent for the neighbours to enjoy (with envy). This site has a lot of good information from what I have seen so far. Sure I will have plenty of questions as I start my lighting projects. :D

kane

Dedicated elf
Motorvated said:
Just joined the group. Last Christmas was my first attempt at a reasonable display. Now have the bug to do something better this year. Want to learn all I can to produce something decent for the neighbours to enjoy (with envy). This site has a lot of good information from what I have seen so far. Sure I will have plenty of questions as I start my lighting projects. :D
Welcome to ACL!

If you're around on 10th June, we're having a bit of a get together - info at the thread below. There's not a huge amount of people in Perth with animated displays just yet, but more people are jumping onboard every year. (last year was only my first year)

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,1111.0.html

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome58.gif

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Motorvated

This is the place to learn about safe low voltage blinky displays.

There is lots of info in the forums and wiki.

Cant find what your looking for .. just ask any of the many friendly people in the chat room ... or post a question in the forums.

Motor.vated .. any connection to motors? :)

Motorvated

New elf
Motor.vated .. any connection to motors? :)

Yep. Mechanic by trade and collector of Australian Muscle cars of the 70's. Restoration of these cars has given me plenty of experience in low voltage electrical.

zman

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL.

We just had the NW Regional CLAP get together last weekend in Lacey. A good turn out, about 45 others infected with CLAP.

Now I need to look at a map to see where Leeming is located.

Motorvated

New elf
Thanks to all for the warm welcome to the group. Am still digesting all the great information on this site. Roll on Christmas! Hope I learn enough to deliver a good display for the neighbours to enjoy. Regards, Dave