G'day from Whyalla South Australia

pointlowly

New elf
Hi everyone My name is David and I am in Whyalla South Australia. I have recently become obsessed with Christmas lights since moving into a street where nearly everyone gets into it. I was asked by my neighbour if I could put up some lights just to help the attraction to our street. That is how it started. What started off as a couple of lights soon turn into a passion for lights at Christmas. I am getting alot of ideas and answers to question by reading what other people have done.

Thanks for the ideas and help everyone.

David

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL David, what you need to plan for next year is to get the whole street done to computer control, now that would be an impressive thing to see, to see the actual houses chase up the street and back and done to music, it will bring your neighbours to the next level.

Anyway feel free to ask questions or pop into the chat, sometimes you might find a lot of people in there but no one speaking especially at the moment as everyone is doing the final touches to their displays but normally you will find someone to help you or at least point you in the right direction

Welcome to the hobby

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL David,

You have certainly found the right place for information on everything Christmas Lights. Be sure to ask questions in the forum or pop into chat and ask away. There are many people in there willing to find information for you and answer your questions.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL David,
what street do you do your lights onmy family lives in whyalla,
what sort of system are you thinking of using?
cant want to see pic's of your display.

would you be intrested in the SA mini were thinking of having this year

Bird

LOR user
pointlowly said:
What started off as a couple of lights soon turn into a passion for lights at Christmas.
Glad to see ya here in ACL.
The cool thing is your passion can really take off with the help of the people you will find here.