Good Morning/Night

troy4ford

New elf
I will be building my first show this year, this seems to be typical progression from Fireworks shows semi timed to music which is what I've been doing for a while now but lost all my teenage labor to college, them having kids, moving away etc. Anyone else use Cobra firing systems? I have a huge front yard facing the street My house is more than 100ft/30meters from the road which has me scratching my head on a few items such as pixel density and others. I plan on using Falcon and xlights for hardware and for at least this year about 5000 pixels to start with a projector screen instead of a mega matrix. I'm in Mississippi where we have pretty good weather for Christmas, not as good as yours. Been to Perth and Tasmania when I was in the Navy and have fond memories of Fremantle and Hobart. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, setups and shows with us newbees

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Hello and welcome!

If you have not read the 101 manual it is a great place to start for all your general knowledge. There are many of us from outside Aus that hang around here. A general rule of thumb is that the distance from viewing changes the density required. The house could be 3" spacing on the outlines. Where if you mega tree is half the distance a 2" spacing would work. If they are almost on top of something a 1" spacing would be best. These of course are just rough estimates from someone who just had his first show of only 2200 pixels, 1200 of which were in a megatree.

I will say this is a rough time to be starting the hobby due to certain shortages. The best thing to do is decide on a controller and purchase it as soon as you can. Heck, purchase most things as soon as you can due to shortages, supplies running out and uncertain restock durations.

Best of luck and come see us in the chat room!
Dean

troy4ford

New elf
Hello and welcome!

If you have not read the 101 manual it is a great place to start for all your general knowledge. There are many of us from outside Aus that hang around here. A general rule of thumb is that the distance from viewing changes the density required. The house could be 3" spacing on the outlines. Where if you mega tree is half the distance a 2" spacing would work. If they are almost on top of something a 1" spacing would be best. These of course are just rough estimates from someone who just had his first show of only 2200 pixels, 1200 of which were in a megatree.

I will say this is a rough time to be starting the hobby due to certain shortages. The best thing to do is decide on a controller and purchase it as soon as you can. Heck, purchase most things as soon as you can due to shortages, supplies running out and uncertain restock durations.

Best of luck and come see us in the chat room!
Dean
Dean,
Thank you for your reply That's what I'm figuring 3inch house and 2 inch Megatree.