Great Christmas Light Fight - Australia

DavidJ247

Full time elf
I got an interesting letter in the mail this week, the Great Christmas Light Fight tv series are planning an Australian episode and casting now for aussie displays/families to feature. (We had a number of votes on the ChristmasLightSearch website last year which is apparently where they found our display and address) Anyone else get one of these?

I'm not interested in applying myself but I thougt I would post here in case anyone in the community wants to go for it. I don't know any more than what is in the letter, not sure how genuine this is or the liklihood of actually getting on the show but if anyone wants to take a shot I'm happy to share the contact details.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
Interesting... One other member from Brisbane said in ACL chat room that they were contacted about an Australian Christmas Light Fight as well. They received a similar message including the line that they (ABC/FremantleMedia) found them through ChristmasLightSearch.

I guess the question is will this Australian version be made for US tv (ABC) or will an Australian station picked it up as well?

Kitman

Full time elf
If it were only to be featured on the US version and not showen on Australian TV then You would be OK as most Aussies wouldn't go looking for the show, however if it were to get run on say Channel 7 9 or 10 then no doubt your crowd would increase far beyond what it might be capable of and no doubt you would end up like Shell or worse Elnino, not sure if anyone here would be ready for that.

cdjazman

Full time elf
I would but......unfortunately I have not received my order for fire machine, snow machine, laser lighting, 200,000 pixels to cover my roof.............

*** Noted sarcasm in the comment......:):):):) ***

Oh and I think that would be pushing the neighbours friendships a little too far.........:p:D:eek::confused:

plasmadrive

Full time elf
When we did our episode here in the USA, our traffic did increase but I was not able to determine by how much since we were packed all the time anyway.. Some have said it ended their displays because of the traffic. Others just loved it. I went dark last year to give it a rest and slow down the traffic for this year. We shall see if that worked... but I still expect the traffic to be packed as it has been for the last few years.

On another note, the experience was a lot of fun. It was someone of a pain because they shot in Oct.. but I think it was worth it. If you do it for the fun of it, you might just love it.. if you do it to "win" and you don't, you will be disappointed.

FYI: We were Season 3 episode 5 Elk Grove, CA, USA

andrewm

New elf
We received a letter in the mail last week requesting we contact the light fight casting area.
Need to find out more info on how the show works.