Greetings all

Thunderman

New elf
Hey all,

I'm Rich from the Birmingham, UK. I have pretty young kids and only started decorating the outside of the house last year with 2 lots of flashy LED icicles brought from a store. The smiles on their faces was a picture. though and I have been encouraged by the displays we see in our local area to try a bit harder. we like to drive around our area at Christmas and look at other peoples displays which are pretty awesome. This year I will use the same flashy LED's again but for next year (2020) I really want to light the house up which has led me to this forum. So yea, you have a full on nooby here. Look forward to getting to know you all and for some inspiration as to what to do.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Hi Rich (I assume that is your name and you are not just boasting :laugh: ), Welcome to ACL.
If you haven't done so already, then download and read the 101 manual as that will have most of the answers to questions you didn't even know you had yet.
When you get into it, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, as the only dumb question, is the one you didn't ask. :thumbsup:
Also, checkout the media section as there are instructional videos about just about everything in there.
Most importantly, have fun.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL. There's a facebook group for UK lighting tragics if you are interested.

Thunderman

New elf
Thank you Scamper and Al. I've downloaded the manual. I've had a look through and feel a bit over whelmed but its broken down nicely and very clearly explained. I will have a look in the media section I haven't spotted that yet. Al if you could send me the link to the group that'd be brilliant thanks. My only wish since taking the plunge into all this is, I wish I had a bigger house and front garden :laugh:

scamper

Dedicated elf
I will have a look in the media section I haven't spotted that yet.
look in media/ mini you tube videos
Mini is a term used when a bunch of us get together and discuss everything xmas. Quite often they are recorded then uploaded so even if you cannot make it in person you can get the information.